Monday, April 17, 2017

HOLD THE FREAKING PRESSES

So I got home today and there was a giant box on my doorstep.  "Hmm," I said to myself, "What's this?  I don't remember ordering anything recently."  Then I remembered that PresentPerfect asked for my address not to long ago.  I assumed it was to send me a book (on those rare occasions when ponyfolk ask for my address, it's almost always to send me a book), but this box was way too big for that, and not nearly heavy enough.  What gives?

So I open it, and what do I see?


What.


WHAT.


WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.


I... I don't even know what to say right now.  This is the most ridiculously, absurdly amazing thing that anyone's ever done completely out of the blue for me (okay, I assume it wasn't "out of the blue" for you guys, since crazy awesome plushies don't just happen on their own... but it was out of the blue to me).  And she's even got that gorgeous dress from A Hearth's Warming Tale!  

I'm honestly tearing up right now.  I'm touched that I've done something--even something as silly-sounding as "writing a bunch of fanfic reviews"--that you guys have enjoyed so much, and... okay, so this plushie is ridiculously nice, but even if it weren't... just the idea that you guys would all go out of your way to try to do something so nice for me, someone who you've never even met in person, is kind of overwhelming.

I can't put the words in the right order right now, so I'll just repeat myself: this is an amazing, wonderful, unexpected gift, and the meaning behind it is humbling.  Thank you, all of you who were part of this.  It's incredible.

19 comments:

  1. Yay! Unfortunately, I don't see some colors too well, so I can enjoy her in her full glory, but she looks awful cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH FINALLY :D

    You deserve it. It's the least we could do for all you've done for us. And you can go read that blog now. :V

    ReplyDelete
  3. It couldn't happen to a more deserving person. n_n

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it's finally in your hands! I would say take good care of her, but we all know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome sauce! Wish I'd had the money to help contribute at the time. Props on everyone keeping this a secret from you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So glad it got there safely! Thanks again for all that you do for the community, Chris! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, hm, I don't even remember if I donated toward that. It has been a while since the ball was rolling. Glad you liked it in any case!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's Carrot Top, if I remember right. Seems there's somebody I know who likes that pony, but I just can't...


    Just kidding. She's wonderful. Grats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! It's Golden Harvest! xjuggernaughtx said so!

      Delete
    2. Maybe now Chris will finally remember!

      Delete
  9. Present Perfect:

    Has the best ideas! So glad I could pitch in!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, that answers the question of who "Michael" is, I think.

      All contributors successfully identified! :D

      Delete
  10. I wish I'd known about this so that I could've chipped in. It's a really lovely gesture, and I would have liked to have taken part to show my appreciation. Not just for the reviews, but all the editing work too. You do nice things for me all the time, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's so pretty!

    Glad she got to you okay and that it's everything you could have wanted. Take good care of her!

    ReplyDelete